Monday, March 22, 2010

china doll monday

Before slipping out of Sydney once again, I had a hankering to hunker down at one of the restaurants now part of the old Woolloomooloo passenger terminal and wharf. China Doll grabbed my eye and stoked the taste buds but I had no idea I was in for one of the best Asian meals of my life. I won't go all Trip Advisor here, but the slow-braised Wagyu beef in the Panang curry was so insanely tender I could cut it with the serving spoon. I spent a very happy couple of hours sipping Laroche Petit Chablis and wading through several dishes while also satiating my appetite for more of the current Kindle selection, "After the Deluge." In between reading and watching the chopsticks in action, I noticed the weather-faded and grease-streaked sun awning was doing a pretty neat impression of a tobacco filter on the city skyline, particularly the silhouette it made of the Centerpoint tower. So I dropped the Kindle - for a moment - and picked up the 5.

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

I love it! Great photo and great sounding lunch.