Thursday, April 8, 2010

run!


This one definitely didn't come from Banksy but I thought it notable for the same reasons that Banky's work appeals to me. This was painted on a guard rail alongside the small bridge that connects Paddington to Darlinghurst in Sydney. As I ambled toward St. Vincents Hospital from Paddo, I was struck by the small silhouettes in such an incongruous place. I love the sense of movement in the figures as well as the shape of the woman in the pair, as she seems plucked straight out of North by Northwest or a similar classic thriller. The flecks of black paint above and around them seem haphazard - problems with the spray can? - but they also form a nice exclamation point above the couple, which seems wholly in keeping with the theme. Looks stenciled but may not have been, but anyway, I loved it and so it is added to my growing collection of street art. With the 5D Mk II and 24-105mm f/4.

2 comments:

Bernie H said...

Love this Milvo and you are absolutely right it has that "Hitchcockian" feel about it - you have got me interested to see what they are all about....

damofoto said...

Thanks Bernie. It's funny how what you're seeing or reading can influence your interpretation of things. That's why I can never watch The Birds again. Shudder.