Friday, November 21, 2008

Santa Fe, and the start of the blog


Welcome to the the blog site of damfoto. Along with www.damofoto.com, this is the cyber home for me, Damian Milverton, a photographer and communications consultant. 

Brevity being the soul of wit, the posts will be short - at least that's what I'm promising myself - and will hopefully expand a little on my photography and on the work I undertake now and again in the world of communications.

I thought I'd accompany my introductory post with a photo of a wind sculpture, one of several to be found in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It's one of our favorite spots to hide away in the US, given its blend of art, Mexican and Spanish colonial influences, stunning scenery and the Japanese spa, 10,000 Waves. 

The web probably won't do the colors justice but I love how the burnished metal blades reflect the sunlight with a pinkish hue - an effect it took some practice to capture.


No comments: