Saturday, March 21, 2009

Strike a Pose


Sometimes it's a treat to see the impact the presence of a camera can have, especially in a town like Guanajuato that is pure photographers' bait. It was a struggle to decide what to post on the blog that's representative of the place but then I thought about the moment I took this one and it became a cinch. There was a wedding in the Basilica de Nuestra Senora de Guanajuato as we walked up from the Jardin de la Union and some of the party were spilling out of the church. The gold of the young lady's dress caught my eye and I started to snap a couple of pictures, eliciting the usual sort of look I've  seen many times in tourist towns in Mexico (indeed, the world over). A mix of suspicion and mild annoyance - I call it the zoo lion look. But when the gent trailing the girl and her father started to vogue a little, I egged him on in my Aussie-inflected Spanish and suddenly the smiles came out and the vogue got even more fun. I think the picture evokes a lot of what I love about Guanuajuato - the color, the vibrancy, and the surprises seemingly around every corner. Using a 24-105mm f/4 at about 90mm.

No comments: